[Tagging] Roudabout, center island, type of a traffic_island?

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 14:33:44 UTC 2021

I think the central island has a traffic function, but not a routing
function. The routing function is in the junction tag of the roundabout
way.

For road-builders the central Island is definitely an important feature, as
are e.g. the splitting Islands, refuge islands, truck apron (the tilted
strips  around the Islands  where truck wheels are tolerated).

Peter Elderson