[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - shop as post-partner

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Thu Feb 11 14:38:13 UTC 2021

Am 11.02.2021 um 14:34 schrieb Paul Allen:
> And people get to see both icons on the map.

I am sorry, your answer violates several good practices:

 1. One feature, one OSM element -> This is one shop - so it has to get
    one Objekt!
    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/One_feature,_one_OSM_element
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/One_feature,_one_OSM_element>
 2. Tagging for the randerer -> You tag multiple nodes for one shop to
    make it visible on the map.
    https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tagging_for_the_renderer
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tagging_for_the_renderer>

That is exactly why I propose this proposal. Because there is currently
no way to represent something like that.

We can really discuss what information we can give to an renderer or how
a renderer can display this, but to create multiple nodes for one object
is against our own rules.