[Tagging] Evaporation pond = berm vs embankment

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 13:30:18 UTC 2021

Brian, I appreciate your good intentions but changing the proposal due
to errors is against our proposal and voting procedures. A proposal
should not be changed during voting. Feel free to comment on a vote and
point out that errors will be corrected.  Either by re-voting or an
option is to clearly state in the comment that these "minor" errors (not
the main concept or intentions) are confirmed by you and changed when
the proposal is converted in a final wiki page. Voters can then change
their vote if they wish.

I advise that if you describe auxiliary or attribution tags try to be as
complete as possible without promoting one to the other based on current
user statistics. This expresses a personal preference and obstructs the
use of new approved keys to get used. I refer to dyke, which is less
commonly used then embankment but in the tech world the correct term.
Embankment is correct but more commonly used in different applications.
Also I advise not to rephrase, or change the meaning or scope of
existing values.  I am pointing at your rephrasing that
hazard=contamination as to be used to causing a hazard to human health.
Sorry that is not correct, not in the context as it was defined in OSM,
neither globally.  Just copy or refer to the existing descriptions.

So please comment on the votes but don't change the proposal now, other
voters can consider the opposing vote comments and the vote as "not
viable" and undermine the voters individual opinion or credibility in
the community.

Greetings, Bert Araali