[Tagging] Is a ship-lift a crane

Peter Neale nealepb at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 21 00:21:48 UTC 2021

OK. That's a fair comment ;)
I think we need to decide what terms  we believe would be best for OSM to use - and document them.
I would still like to see us use different terms for transfers between navigable waterways and transfers to land / dry dock.

Although "lift lock" seems to be a less commonly used term, it does have a certain logic to it, as it replaces a conventional lock (or a set of several conventional locks).
Peter

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android