[Tagging] Proposed feature - Voting - electricity

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 22:10:15 UTC 2021

I'm aware that power=generator is used for solar plants and solar panel
installations in openstreetmap, but the common meaning of generator is "a
machine used to generate electricity", that is, they convert mechanical
energy into electrical energy.

Specifically: " Generators work by rotating a coil of wire in a magnetic
field, causing a current to flow in the wire. A generator may be a huge
spinning turbine powered by water, wind, steam, gas, or nuclear reactions,
which sends electricity out through power lines to thousands of customers.
But normally when we use the word, we're thinking of a small machine