[Tagging] Proposed feature - Voting - electricity

Lukas Richert lrichert at posteo.de
Sat Jan 2 14:30:02 UTC 2021

When a country completely switches to renewable energies in their grid,
I would be overjoyed to completely delete the electricity:grid:origin
tags in that region. Most countries are aiming for this to occur by 2050
with many still falling short of that goal. OSM was created in 2004 -
the map in 2050 would be three times as old as it is now. Surely the
coming 30 years are significant enough to allow this to be mapped for
that time. Perhaps we can then also deprecate gas/diesel fuel stations -
we do still map then now however.