[Tagging] Proposed feature - Voting - electricity

Dolly Andriatsiferana privatemajory at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 02:37:06 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Let's also not forget about the african context where this tag is currently
most used. The electricity=* tag is very helpful in the humanitarian sector
to know if facilities (health posts, hospitals, accomodation sites...) and
individual houses are connected to an electricity grid, or if it is using
its own electricity source (solar panels on the roof, fuel-powered
generator, wind turbine...), or if it has no electricity at all. Maybe this
doesn't make much sense in developed countries where all facilities and
individual houses are supposed to have electricity, so the tag might have a
slightly different purpose as said above.

I think the currently proposed tagging should be fine for a global context.

Also, a switch to renewable energy might not be a thing of this century for
my country :-)