[Tagging] Proposed feature - Voting - electricity

Dolly Andriatsiferana privatemajory at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 04:48:03 UTC 2021

> Bit off-topic but I am interested in local opinions. A quick research
> shows Madagascar has a lot of hydro power already and is aiming at >80%
> renewables till 2030. So why do you think this is so unrealistic?
> Especially since the infrastructure is not there yet and a huge demand
> to get this done to have electricity at all... (unlike elsewhere where
> there is not so much motivation to accomplish something - apart from
> keeping the planet livable and all that communist nonsense ;)

[Off-topic] Politicians say what they want but we still mostly rely on
thermal power for electricity. Yes there are a few hydro power stations
over here but these are suffering every year from the lack of rainfall +
lack of maintenance, and thermal stations are always used as supply.

I have always thought of my solar panels as "generators" of power, since
> that's what they are (and have been for decades, the little champs!)  I
> think we can apply that logic to wind turbine and photoelectric alike as
> generators.  Generators is how they integrate into our electricity grids
> right now; solar and wind power are an absolutely included part of the mix
> of what we mean by "available electricity."  And in a feature like this,
> they are generators, full stop.

@SteveA I agree with you and I have no concern with calling them generators
if that is the consensus inside the frame of the OpenStreetMap data model.