[Tagging] Cartpath RFC

Seth Deegan jayandseth at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 19:35:14 UTC 2021

For those like Jean and Jez who are questioning *why another highway value*
instead of keeping it under service, there is a *dedicated section*
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/golf_cart_path#Why_another_highway.3D.2A_value.3F>
of the proposal describing why.

Here's a response
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/golf_cart_path#Graceful_degradation>
the recent corresponding post about the concern on the proposal Talk page.

*Please*, if you are just getting to know the proposal and/or have not kept
up with the 30+ replies to the RFC or the Talk page, please take the time
to read through the entire proposal.

*The Comparisons and Reasons
<https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/golf_cart_path#Comparisons_and_Reasons>*
section
documents, summarizes, and explains all of the issues that have been
brought up and their solutions so that you *don't* have to read through all
of the RFC or Talk page.

If you would like me to add any clarification to that section, please let
me know.

*Also,* the proposal's main tag has changed from *highway=golf_car_path* to
*highway=golf_cart_path* following the previous terminology discussion in
this thread.

*Proposal:*
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/golf_cart_path

lectrician1 <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Lectrician1>