[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Rescue Stations

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 04:17:39 UTC 2021

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 at 14:28, Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 at 13:06, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> While voting may appear close on a 50% pass ... the voting on proposals
>> is some what higher ... 74%.
>>

> Thanks.
>
> Yes, I was aware of that %.
>
> Can you confirm that I'm counting it properly?
>
> " *at least 10 votes with more than 74 % approval*". Currently 10 yes, 5
> no, & 3 abstain = 15 votes. 74% of 15 = 11.1 yes votes required so it
> appears that there's only 1 vote in it?
>
> How do we usually count votes? To the decimal point? Rounded up or down?

I read it as, at least 10 votes (ie. yes or no, excluding abstain) in total
for the result to be valid. Then the yes votes divide by the yes + no votes
must be reater than 74%. So 10 yes and 5 no is  66.6*% which is not above
74%. But I can see how this phrase could be interpreted differently. I'm
not across the history of these voting conventions though.