[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Rescue Stations

Brian M. Sperlongano zelonewolf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 04:36:03 UTC 2021

To put this more simply, you need at least 3 "yes" votes to overcome each
"no" vote.  So with 5 no votes, you need 15 yes votes to bring it above the
threshold.  This is a rule of thumb to show that there is community
consensus.

However, the "no" votes aren't just "I don't like it", but rather they
raise substantive issues that really deserve to be addressed.  As a steward
of the community consensus, it is really the right thing to do to make sure
that all concerns have been carefully considered and addressed.  That
doesn't mean you have to please everyone (which is impossible), but it is
important to have a well-reasoned answer to all objections raised and not
just forge ahead for the sake of movement.

The tagging that we approve will be used by mappers for years to come, so
if it takes a few extra days or weeks to get it right, then I think it's
worth a little extra delay.