[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Rescue Stations

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 04:54:03 UTC 2021

On Mon, 4 Jan 2021 at 14:38, Brian M. Sperlongano <zelonewolf at gmail.com>
wrote:

> To put this more simply, you need at least 3 "yes" votes to overcome each
> "no" vote.  So with 5 no votes, you need 15 yes votes to bring it above the
> threshold.

Much simpler! Thanks

 However, the "no" votes aren't just "I don't like it", but rather they
> raise substantive issues that really deserve to be addressed.  As a steward
> of the community consensus, it is really the right thing to do to make sure
> that all concerns have been carefully considered and addressed.  That
> doesn't mean you have to please everyone (which is impossible), but it is
> important to have a well-reasoned answer to all objections raised and not
> just forge ahead for the sake of movement.

I agree with you entirely, but think that I have provided answers to those
questions asked, including the ones that voted No without actually asking a
question, & who then haven't responded any further when I asked what their
concerns were.

I have no intention of disregarding voting procedures, & have thought for a
few days that the proposal wouldn't go through, so planning a fresh
approach, but declaring it "unsuccessful" also means that the 10 people who
liked it, so voted yes, are outvoted by 5 people with objections, which
doesn't seem right or fair on them?

so if it takes a few extra days or weeks to get it right, then I think it's
> worth a little extra delay.

Agreed!

Thanks

Graeme