[Tagging] RFC 2 - addr:interval

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Tue Jan 5 20:38:26 UTC 2021

On 1/5/2021 12:32 PM, ipswichmapper--- via Tagging wrote:
> Solution for queens is actually quite simple to do automatically. Make
> a overpass query that finds all objects in with the "nycdoitt:bin" key
> and hypens in the housenumber.
>
> Then simply add addr:interval=no

That's not the approach I'd recommend. The nycdoitt:bin tag is only
present on imported buildings, but presumably hand-mapped buildings and
POI nodes with hyphen addresses would get the same tag. I'd probably
just start with geocodeArea:Queens. Also I'd definitely want a check in
place to manually examine the edge cases that could conceivably be real
address ranges.

This is all if, of course, this new tag is approved... And if there's
community buy-in, which would probably only happen if the presence of
this tag was generally understood to be advantageous to geocoding software.