[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Tue Jan 5 23:32:01 UTC 2021

Helo,

Le 05.01.21 à 19:59, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging a écrit :
> Change "but other factors may also be considered (such as whether a
> feature is already in use)."

this criterion is totally subjective. what will we do when someone says
that a proposal rejected on the % yes vote criterion is accepted because
it has already been used?
if it is already used and someone puts it to the vote, it is not to be
"approved because used", it would completely distort the approved status

> to "but other factors may also be considered (for example one person
> voting multiple times

it's forbidden to vote more than once when you have more than one wiki
account, I don't see why we should put in the counting rules that we
should consider these votes invalid, nor for yes, nor for no

> or votes from people who never mapped anything in OSM)."

it could be useful to use one of the 3 criteria of active mapper already
defined by osmf, it would bring a consistency

Regards,
Marc