[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Marc_marc marc_marc at mailo.com
Tue Jan 5 23:35:30 UTC 2021

Hello,

Le 05.01.21 à 20:22, Tomas Straupis a écrit :
> It is not logical if a feature used by thousands of mappers
> is removed by votes of say 50 wikians.

It makes no more sense that a tag in iD's controversial decisions become
immutable simply because a lot of people have used it.
the argument "it's used so it must stay that way forever" comes up often
enough in the votes, no need to give them even more weight, osm is not
an archaeological museum, osm must be able to continue to improve even
for "in use" tags. but we maybe need to improve the livecycle of tags

Regards,
Marc