[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 09:14:29 UTC 2021

sent from a phone

> On 7 Jan 2021, at 05:57, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> So there are near 1100 proposals which never moved forward versus only a little over 400 which were approved or rejected: almost 3 out of 4 are never brought to a vote. This makes it sensible to not spend too much time discussing a proposal unless the author seems serious and well organized.

I’ve made some proposals which I never bothered to bring to vote, or only after someone “forced” me to do it, because of any tags you like. I saw proposals where the thing was in a pre-voting state but already adopted by the community, as good enough, particularly when the key/value page is redirected to the proposal. These things are often years old and may have hundreds or thousands of uses. Common practice was creating a documentation page based on the proposal text (after checking that actual usage apparently agreed).

Maybe many of those 1100 pre-voting proposals do not have to “move forward” in a formal voting process sense?

Cheers Martin