[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 21:59:14 UTC 2021

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 18:47, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It doesn't make sense to return them to "draft" status, because that
> status is only for proposals which have never been announced with a RFC.

But what is happening to the proposal if it hasn't yet gone to voting 3
months after it's started RFC?

I haven't noticed too many Conversations that have gone on for that period
before being voted on!

But maybe not "Draft" - "Inactive" perhaps?

It might be reasonable to move some of the older "proposed" ones to
> "abandoned" - but this has been controversial in the past, because the
> proposal author will often say "hey, it's not abandoned, I'm actually using
> this tag", and a number of proposal have resulted in "de facto" tags
> without every getting voted on.

So shouldn't they then be moved out of Proposal status?

Thanks

Graeme