[Tagging] Grouping buildings together using relations

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 13:40:28 UTC 2021

Am Di., 5. Jan. 2021 um 02:47 Uhr schrieb Joseph Eisenberg <
joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>:

> Relations are not categories or networks.
>
> We don’t make a relation that includes all the public municipal libraries
> in a city, or all the schools in a school district.
>
> Instead each local feature is mapped and tagged individually.

+1, opening_hours, operator etc. would be tagged individually and allow to
create selections based on these attributes.
I believe the university example which uses a site relation to connect many
distributed places, is abusing this kind of relation, because the result
surely has nothing to do with a single "site" in a spatial sense, it rather
is an ensemble of many sites.

Cheers
Martin