[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Matthew Woehlke mwoehlke.floss at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 18:43:08 UTC 2021

On 06/01/2021 20.06, Seth Deegan wrote:
> *I had never used a mailing list before and found:*
>
>     - The outdated GUI of Mailman v2 to be a pain to sign up.

Eh, it's not great. I wonder if anyone has tried to integrate mailman
with some other account system. It would be neat if one could go to
their OSM user page and subscribe to mailing lists from there.

>     - Constant threads of multiple discussions from multiple people replying
>     to multiple people only using plain-text references a nightmare to follow.

I'm not sure I understand the issue here. Most people reply to one
message at a time, and a decent client (or the archives) will display
them as a tree, which is essentially what you get on the wiki.

>     - No option to unsubscribe from threads I don't care about (but I would
>     still like to be on the list because I want to see what new threads I
>     *do* care about).

What are you using to read mail? Maybe try a client that can
watch/ignore threads?

In comparison, it's much harder to "reply" on a wiki than to reply to an
e-mail.

Anyway, I'm not sure this matters, as the current situation is that
*both* are used for proposal discussions.

--
Matthew