[Tagging] Changing proposal process rules - RFC

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 02:29:00 UTC 2021

Sorry, thought I had sent this yesterday but still sitting here

On Thu, 7 Jan 2021 at 19:08, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> It would mean that if some bad idea was introduced just before vote noone
> would be allowed
> to mention it in their vote.

Don't really think that would be an issue?

Let's say I've introduced a Proposal, put it to RFC, & spent 2 weeks
answering everybody's comments & incorporating suggestions, so everybody is
happy.

I then say it's going to Voting, but as part of the update to change the
status, I also amend the proposal to add 6 other features, completely
change the definitions & so on.

All that that is going to achieve is that everybody is going to quite
correctly vote No, on the grounds that the proposal has been changed, &
I've then wasted a few weeks time & effort :-(

Can't see much point to doing that!

Thanks

Graeme