[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Rideshare Access

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 08:42:15 UTC 2021

When creating this new page,
we should add references to similar or similarly-named services and define
the differences in content and in tagging

   - share-taxi <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Share_taxi>(Sammeltaxi
   <https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sammeltaxi> in German)
   - private hire or taxicab

   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicabs_of_the_United_Kingdom#Public_Carriage_Office>
   - share-taxi with pickup at home (no idea what it is named legally. I
   use this one <https://www.airserviceshuttle.it/en/bus-navetta/>
   regularly to get from home to the airport in Italy - it is operated by the
   local taxi company)
   - We have in Padova (and I'm sure they exist in other places) a ride
   sharing bus-on-demand
   <http://www.fsbusitaliaveneto.it/index.php/offerta/news-in-tempo-reale/1216-padova-parte-night-bus-servizio-notturno-a-chiamata-per-l-area-urbana>
   that, during the night, picks you up at the nearest bus stop (of the
   daytime regular service) and brings you at another bus stop. It is operated
   by the local bus company. User interface is  via App. (again no idea how
   you would classify this)
   - Peer-to-peer_ridesharing
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer-to-peer_ridesharing>
   "Mitfahrzentrale" in German)
   - see also Wikipedia disambiguation page ridesharing
   <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridesharing>

Even if at the moment we limit this to the legal access aspects, we need to
get the terminology sorted out at this stage to avoid confusion further
down the line.