[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Rideshare Access

Stefan Tauner stefan.tauner at gmx.at
Sat Jan 9 09:27:06 UTC 2021

On Sat, 9 Jan 2021 09:42:15 +0100
Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:

>    - We have in Padova (and I'm sure they exist in other places) a ride
>    sharing bus-on-demand
>    <http://www.fsbusitaliaveneto.it/index.php/offerta/news-in-tempo-reale/1216-padova-parte-night-bus-servizio-notturno-a-chiamata-per-l-area-urbana>
>    that, during the night, picks you up at the nearest bus stop (of the
>    daytime regular service) and brings you at another bus stop. It is operated
>    by the local bus company. User interface is  via App. (again no idea how
>    you would classify this)

In Austria these are called Anruf-Sammeltaxi (Share Taxi by Call). After
skimming through WP's Share_taxi page I think they belong to that
group (the German one mentioned them explicitly). However, in some
jurisdiction they might fall under the bus scheme (i.e., public
transport) rather than other access restrictions, cf.
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:psv

The proposal mentions the relation to psv already (but not as a page
affected yet). I think clarification and/or possibly inclusion of a
clearer distinction between "just" psv, taxi, share_taxi, minibus etc.
is needed within the proposal.
psv is currently thought of a superset of all of these services (like
vehicle is a superset of motorcar, bicycles etc). The tree in the
wiki[1] and the psv page indicate that but it could be made clearer
IMHO. Having this clear hierarchy allows mappers to slap psv=yes
on a way even if the exact rules are unclear. This should be stated
somewhere to help people in that that situation.

1: https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:access#Land-based_transportation