[Tagging] Grouping buildings together using relations

Peter Elderson pelderson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 11:06:45 UTC 2021

In Nederland, Leiden is the seat of Leiden University. The University has
offices and buildings all over Leiden, all named Leiden University and a
subname indicating faculty, and most faculties use several buildings,
sometimes grouped together, sometimes apart.

I guess you could call Leiden the site, and group the buildings together in
a site_relation named Leiden University and tagged with common details, and
members all the buildings.

To me that's different from a collection of items (instances) such as
Google offices in different countries, or shops in a franchise.

That said, I am not planning to map universities. Libraries have little
place in my personal universe. Places where printed archives are kept,
weren't they?

Peter Elderson