[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=centre

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 01:32:09 UTC 2021

On Sun, 10 Jan 2021 at 01:09, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> We should discourage the use of healthcare=centre because it has no more
> meaning than healthcare=yes currently.

Let me throw one more possibility into the mix because it is unclear to
me how best to tag it.

In parts of the UK, "cottage hospitals" (small hospitals with a minor
injuries
unit but no A&E, and with some beds) are being phased out and replaced
by "integrated care centres."  Essentially a cottage hospital which may or
may not have beds and which may have a few extras not found in
ordinary cottage hospitals (such as social workers).  See
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrated_care for the general
concept.

My local integrated care centre replaced the local cottage hospital
over a year ago.  It has (or eventually will have) a GP surgery (3
or 4 doctors, several nurses); minor injuries unit; x-ray; outpatients
section for those who were treated at "real" hospitals but have
been released, dental surgery; mental health and learning
disabilities unit; community resource team (whatever that is);
phlebotomy; and other things.  See
https://walesnewsonline.com/big-step-forward-for-health-and-social-care-services-as-cardigan-integrated-care-centre-prepares-to-open-doors/

Is it a hospital or a health centre or a clinic or other?

--
Paul