[Tagging] landuse=depot?

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Mon Jan 11 20:06:10 UTC 2021

Hi Volker,

On Sun, Jan 10, 2021 at 12:19:00PM +0100, Volker Schmidt wrote:
> What is wrong with it? Bus or road-maintenance depots are clearly land-use
> cases.
> Besides that, I think there can be no voting anymore. It is an established
> tag with 1400 uses.

The point is that landuse is a broad and generic meaning and is not to
be meant to have subtyping or "more specific tagging". It should be a
very rough "what is this area beeing used for".

Later you can tag much more specific on top of that like amenity=school
or the like.

IMHO using subtyping or having a subtype of commercial is abuse of the
landuse key.

Flo