[Tagging] Deprecate healthcare=centre

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 18:03:54 UTC 2021

The existence of things that do not have existing tags does not mean that
we should use healthcare=center, which currently has no clear definition or
usage.

> Re: "It has too many specialities to call it a clinic. "

You must not have heard of the Mayo Clinic (which actually runs hospitals
in addition to clinics with multiple specialities integrated in one
building). And my clinic has obstetrics, mental health, pediatrics, family
medicine, and geriatrics - this is common for primary care facilities in
many countries, so I see no problem with amenity=clinic if these are
similar.

But I am very happy if you want to propose a new tag for one of these
outpatient multi-specialty "Integrated Care Centre" facilites.

Since we use British terminology you can just use "amenity=integrated_care"
or "healthcare=integrated_care", though "integrated care" sounds more like
advertising copy than an actual term for the kind of facility.

It might be clearer to use a tag like "healthcare=multispeciality" for a
building which has many medical specialties with one shared name and shared
reception, contact info and administration.

-- Joseph Eisenberg