[Tagging] Street and Sub-Street in Address Tagging

Peter Neale nealepb at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 15 18:19:12 UTC 2021

I apologise in advance, if I should know the answer to this, but I can’t find directly applicable advice in the Wiki.
How I tag the addresses of 2 houses (cottages) which are named and numbered separately from the rest of the street that they are in?
Addressing along the road runs as follows, according to signage on the ground and confirmed by the Royal Mail Postcode Finder (They all share the same post code).
19 Foo Road18 Foo Road17 Foo Road2 Bar Cottages, Foo Road1 Bar Cottages, Foo Road16 Foo Road15 Foo Road.
Currently, I have left addr:housenumber blank and tagged them as “addr:housename=1 Bar Cottages; addr:street=Foo Road” and addr:housename=2 Bar Cottages; addr:street=Foo Road”, but I’m not really happy with that.  “Bar Cottages” is not the name of either property; “1” and “2” are their House Numbers (not names), but 1 Foo Road and 2 Foo Road are further along.
I think what I need is a 2-tier hierarchy of roads (Road and Sub-Road); does this exist?
Regards,
Peter (PeterPan99)