[Tagging] Street and Sub-Street in Address Tagging

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Fri Jan 15 21:24:20 UTC 2021

Have a look through this discussion, watching out for "Dependent
Thoroughfare" (which is what Royal Mail would consider "Bar Cottages" to
be)

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-gb/2020-December/025706.html

Please let's not repeat the whole discussion again.... I know it's the
"OSM way" to avoid drawing these discussions to a close with some kind
of consensus but people lose the will to live after the same question
comes up repeatedly. The fact that the issue is resurfacing now
indicates that a proper solution is actually needed to the question of
how to map the elements of a valid UK postal address to OSM tags (or a
decision that an element should NOT be mapped).