[Tagging] List of obviously needed improvements to OSM Wiki

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:44:26 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 3:35 PM Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I take this back, please cancel my deprecation request, while it is also
> clearly an import / automatic tagging (may have been introduced via formal
> procedures), apparently there are people who love the tag, and unlike
> landuse=parcel it seems ok on a semantic level :)
> https://taghistory.raifer.tech/#***/zone:TEC/

I'm not using this tag, but I know it's meaning.

This tag is used in Belgium on public transport stops of the TEC company.
It indicates in which zone the stop is. The fee depends on how many zones
you cross.

We recently had a discussion in the community about a name change of TEC.
While the official name changed, the brand remains TEC. Perhaps someone
made a lot of changes based on the decision to keep TEC on all public
transport stops.

regards

m.