[Tagging] Proposed Feature - Voting - Electricity

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Thu Jan 21 10:37:57 UTC 2021

Jonathan Haas now phrased much better what I was trying to express and noticed a bit wider
issue:

"I feel it is not well defined what electricity=yes actually means. Does it mean the building
has electricity, or the electricity is available to a visitor/guest? Or putting it another way,
what is the implied value of electricity:access=* if it isn't present? If it just means that the
building has electricity, tagging electricity=yes is useless in most developed countries, as
that should be implied. If it means the electricity is available to guests
(like in the café/campsite example), that means the tagging doesn't make sense for
third-world-hospitals."

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/electricity#Voting

Jan 20, 2021, 22:02 by lrichert at posteo.de: