[Tagging] Tagging a Portuguese pavement

António Madeira antoniomadeira at gmx.com
Mon Jan 25 20:15:24 UTC 2021

Hi, Fernando.
Thank you for your input.

I agree that the use of paving_stones seems out of the question, because
the surface is irregular and there is some space between stones,
although there are Portuguese pavements as smooth as a tile, created
with modern techniques, but they're usually found indoors, inside
important public buildings and private ones.
Since this kind of pavement is not a pattern, I would exclude that also.
If we agree that it's a pavement=sett, we can take advantage of the
numerous uses of the tag, which, in Portugal, are almost certainly
applied toall Portuguese pavements in pedestrian areas and sidewalks.
It would be easier to use a subset like sett:style because sett:type is
already in use with other purpose. This could also open space for other
kinds of sett:styles that probably exist all over the globe.