[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Shrubbery V2

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 23:27:19 UTC 2021

On Sun, 25 Jul 2021 at 18:07, Vincent van Duijnhoven <
vvanduijnhoven at outlook.com> wrote:

> I am always open for discussion so if you know a better word,feel free to
> tell me. Note that shrubbery V1 also covered a lot of alternatives already
> like manicured=* and landscaped=* and they didn't make it for reasons.

Just asked Mrs F, the (Australian English speaking :-)) gardener :-), & she
reckons "maintained" is the word we're looking for!
maintain: to keep <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/keep>
a road <https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/road>, machine
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/machine>, building
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/building>, etc. in
good condition
<https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/condition>
Which would give you:
maintained=no: allowed to grow wild with no human interference, so nothing
at all being done to the plants
maintained=yes / slightly / heavily: at least some, but varying amounts of
work are done to keep them safe &/or neat & tidy.

My beachfront photos would then be natural=scrub + maintained=slightly,

while the shopping centre carpark gardens would be natural=shrub/s
(depending on node/area) + maintained=heavily.

What do you think?

Thanks

Graeme