[Tagging] Is tag leisure=sports_hall suitable for riding halls?

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Jun 7 12:08:25 UTC 2021

Jun 7, 2021, 11:43 by hufkratzer at gmail.com:

> On 07.06.2021 11:10, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
>> sent from a phone
>>
>>> On 7 Jun 2021, at 10:40, Robin Burek<robin.burek at gmx.de>  wrote:
>>>
>>> It is also about saying that "leisure=pitch + sport=equestrian + building=*" is deprecated.' and so on....
>>>
>> this combination seems invalid rather than deprecated. A pitch cannot be a building, there might be a pitch in a building, but they cannot be tagged on the same object
>>
>> Cheers Martin
>>

> Then how would you map the examples that I mentioned initially where the building has nearly the same size as the riding arena:
> 1. building=tent (https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:Equitent_textile_Reithalle.jpg)
> 2. building=roof (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjVCeE-4Ht0)
> I assume one should not draw two areas of the same size one on top of the other. A node for the pitch although the dimensions are known?

a) node for pitch

b) smaller area for pitch than for building (it is smaller than building, right?)

c) actually tagging both on one object, it is poor idea but not worse than popular
merging of shop and building into one OSM object

d) resuse way with multipolygons (an excellent way to confuse mappers, likely
the worst one)