[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - trailblazed=poles;cairns

Jaromír Mikeš mira.mikes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 19:11:46 UTC 2021

ne 7. 3. 2021 v 19:28 odesílatel Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> napsal:
Hello Mateusz,
and thank you for reviewing my proposal

It is unclear to me how one would tag trail where poles/cairns are used on
> part of it.

This is actually a very common case ... trail is very often marked this way
only on some places which are difficult to navigate or mistake in
navigation can happen.
I was thinking of adding this tag to a highway=path or highway=track or
similar ...  actually only on section which are really marked
But it might be that I am missing something ...

> Adding on relation? But then how one is supposed to know which part it is
> being
> applied?

No ... I didn't think to add it on relation for the same reason.

> Also, https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/trailblazed#values
> is clear and nice yes/no value tag.
>
> I would really prefer to not turn into tag with multiple values.

I am not insisting on this solution if better will be suggested ...
The solution I am suggesting just looked natural.

mira