[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - trailblazed=poles;cairns

Bert -Araali- Van Opstal bert.araali.afritastic at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 11:36:11 UTC 2021

True Mira, its exactly what I noticed also. By just allowing marker=* to
be used on a way can solve that problem.
I understand, you tried to solve that in trails. But maybe it could be a
good idea to keep the tagging concept of trails more similar to other
"way" tagging and use what we have.  You can also freely mix and use
markers / guidepost etc.... .

No need for trailblazed,  less discussion. Even an opportunity to gently
deprecate or replace "marked_trail" and "trailblazed" (none of them
where accepted anyway). The presence of marker=* on the way designates
it as a marked trail or being trailblazed.

You can propose a change to marker=* (node & way) and make a nice
separate section with examples for trails ?

Greetings,

Bert Araali