[Tagging] Proposed rewrite Of highway=track wiki page

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 23:55:18 UTC 2021

Am Di., 9. März 2021 um 23:24 Uhr schrieb Florian Lohoff <f at zz.de>:

> service -> Private property or usage.
>         Most likely Germany specific indication: Not when having names.
>         Only Public roads are given official names in Germany. (Very few
>         exceptions). Not for through traffic.

I agree with "not for through traffic", but we should not assume any dead
end street is a service road. There are many no-exit roads which are
residential roads. Also, I am aware of some private roads that have names,
sometimes parts of a road are public, others are private. Here is a private
square with an official (publicly assigned) name:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/159081777#map=19/52.51077/13.37576
This adjacent road IIRR is also a private road with a name:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/4474915

Cheers,
Martin