[Tagging] Proposal - Library of things and Tool library

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 20:30:20 UTC 2021

On Thu, 18 Mar 2021 at 20:04, Imagoiq <imagoiq at posteo.net> wrote:

The main question is how far should we go? Is it possible to have
> well-defined categories for those things? Wouldn't make too much choice?

This list is probably not exhaustive, and is not necessarily how we would
define the categories, but it's a good starting point:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Library_of_Things

> Also instead of thing_type=* I would go for library:material_type=* (or
> other library:...=*) just to ensure that traditional library can also
> lend those things.

I wasn't serious about thing_type as a key (I thought I said so), it
was a placeholder until somebody came up with something better.

--
Paul