[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Discouraging the use of deprecated schemes

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Mon Mar 22 17:25:46 UTC 2021

Mar 22, 2021, 17:22 by frederik at remote.org:

> Hi,
>
> On 22.03.21 16:42, mail at marcos-martinez.net wrote:
>
>> Hi Frederik, I couldn't disagree more. First of all because it is
>> incoherent with nowadays reality. What you are saying is that there
>> should be/are basically no enforceable tagging rules because I see they
>> are being enforced from time to time. Enforceable in the sense of
>> someone tagging against established consensus (whatever this is and
>> however this is measured)
>>

> Exactly.
>
> There can be established consensus.
>
> But consensus cannot be established by calling for a vote on the tagging
> list and assuming that whatever those 30 people say is then the
> established consensus.

Though vote/tagging mailing list/other discussion channels are
often useful for checking whether some change makes sense at all
- is it widely supported or widely considered as a bad idea.

And it often makes sense to ask before starting to use some new
tagging schema - because once widespread it may be too late
to fix some obvious problems.