[Tagging] Tag proposal for gender-neutral toilets on diversity-talk

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Mar 23 21:47:44 UTC 2021

I have always shied away from mapping toilet details for the above
mentioned reasons and some more aspects:
(a am male)
Many female friends and family prefer toilets where the seats are
gender-separated. And that not for any abstract principle, but because
female toilets tend to be cleaner.
Another issue is that in some countries or regions within countries you may
find unisex toilets that many females find difficult:
an anteroom with a handwashing basin, a urinal, and, beyond that one or two
cabins, possible even gender-labeled.

So if we try to redefine the toilet tagging, lets try to meet also these
requirements: indicate if seats are unisex, and if ladies have to risk
passing urinating males before they reach their safe cucbicle.

(apologies for being so direct)