[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Mar 26 10:02:43 UTC 2021

Mar 25, 2021, 22:22 by f at zz.de:

> Hi,
> i got into a discussion whether cemetery parking belongs within the
> landuse=cemetery (Which i think it does) and the mapper changing
> that pointed me to tag:landuse=cemetery which does indeed state
> that "nearby parking" should not be within that landuse.

It may be a cultural issue (I heard that in USA in some cases you
drive car into cemetery itself), and I guess that "nearby parking"
is important part. What about "internal parking"?

Important part, to anguish of key purists: landuse=cemetery is not strictly a
land use. It is for a cemetery area and would exclude for example
nearby masonry workshops making graves
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.07506&mlon=19.95719#map=19/50.07506/19.95719
or nearby parkings for sole purpose of cemetery visitors, nearby retail area selling
cemetery materials (flowers, grave candles etc)...

And includes area reserved for burial, not yet used for burial (or maybe it counts as
land use already?)

For example see cases where cemetery has nearby parking that
is clearly outside cemetery area and I would consider it mapped correctly:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.09688&mlon=19.97575#map=19/50.09688/19.97575
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.09684&mlon=19.97513#map=19/50.09684/19.97513
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.10190&mlon=19.98343#map=19/50.10190/19.98343

Even if its only/primary purpose is to be used by people visiting it.
Including it in a cemetery area would be ridiculous.

But see
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.41455&mlon=18.11183#map=19/50.41455/18.11183
where cemetery area is less well defined, and parking is more within it and
was mapped as part of it. I would map it differently, but this mapping is also correct.

Or
https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=50.07372&mlon=19.95645#map=18/50.07372/19.95645
that apparently has parking area within fenced cemetery area. Seems fine.

(I can provide photos for that location if aerial imagery + Google Street View + etc is
insufficient).