[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Eugene Alvin Villar seav80 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 10:03:31 UTC 2021

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 5:08 PM Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de> wrote:

> I would not include cemetery parking in landuse=cemetery.

Well, the most famous military cemetery in the United States is mapped as
one giant landuse=cemetery multipolygon with lots of parking lots inside it
(and not as inners): https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/2475077

Same goes for the U.S.'s largest military cemetery in Europe which even
encompasses wooded areas: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/41689748

And I looked at several cemeteries that I know in my country and they are
mapped as all of the land that is under the management of the cemetery
(when they are managed as private businesses) including parking lots and
other associated "amenities" such as chapels, crematoriums, or funeral
halls.