[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Sat Mar 27 10:29:48 UTC 2021

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:06:20AM +0100, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:
> Mar 25, 2021, 22:51 by pelderson at gmail.com:
> > Florian Lohoff:
> >> Hi,
> >>  i got into a discussion whether cemetery parking belongs within the
> >>  landuse=cemetery (Which i think it does) and the mapper changing
> >>  that pointed me to tag:landuse=cemetery which does indeed state
> >>  that "nearby parking" should not be within that landuse.
> > I would probably map obviously dedicated parkings within the landuse, and nearby non-dedicated parking lots separately. If I can't be sure, I think it's safest to map a separate parking lot.
> >
> > Does it have any practical consequence?
> >
> In some cases including nearby parkings would result in mapping cemetery
> areas completely mismatching what people living there would consider as
> a cemetery area.

I am talking about parking lots which are explicitly in front of the
chapel on the cemetery ground. Not some "Random single parking spaces
somewhere".

This is why i dispute the broad claim in the wiki article that parking
lots are excplitly to be excluded from cemeterys. As this thread showed
this is not the way it is used, and from my perspective its a pretty
strange difference to other landuse type.

And from the formal perspective. This change should at least be result
of a discussion on this list. This has only been added "recently" in
OSM perspective.

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                                                     f at zz.de