[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 09:02:41 UTC 2021

On 26/3/21 9:02 pm, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:

> Mar 25, 2021, 22:22 by f at zz.de:
>

>     Hi,
>     i got into a discussion whether cemetery parking belongs within the
>     landuse=cemetery (Which i think it does) and the mapper changing
>     that pointed me to tag:landuse=cemetery which does indeed state
>     that "nearby parking" should not be within that landuse.
>
> It may be a cultural issue (I heard that in USA in some cases you
> drive car into cemetery itself), and I guess that "nearby parking"
> is important part. What about "internal parking"?

Here are two in Australia that you can drive into and park your car
along the roads or at the internal car park/s.

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/175704404#map=17/-33.79227/151.14067

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/174344846#map=16/-33.8757/151.0571

Yes  crematorium, chapels, cafe, etc are part of the cemeteries and
should be mapped as such, to do otherwise would lower the quality of the
OSM data. .

These things are not 'nearby' but internal to the grounds.