[Tagging] Cemetery / Inclusion of parking

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sat Mar 27 11:51:29 UTC 2021

Mar 27, 2021, 11:29 by f at zz.de:

> On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 11:06:20AM +0100, Mateusz Konieczny via Tagging wrote:
>
>> Mar 25, 2021, 22:51 by pelderson at gmail.com:
>> > Florian Lohoff:
>> > I would probably map obviously dedicated parkings within the landuse, and nearby non-dedicated parking lots separately. If I can't be sure, I think it's safest to map a separate parking lot.
>> >
>> > Does it have any practical consequence?
>> >
>> In some cases including nearby parkings would result in mapping cemetery
>> areas completely mismatching what people living there would consider as
>> a cemetery area.
>>

> I am talking about parking lots which are explicitly in front of the
> chapel on the cemetery ground. Not some "Random single parking spaces
> somewhere".

If it is in front of cemetery ground, then it should not be tagged as part of
cemetery ground.

If it is within cemetery grounds, then it should be within area representing them.

(I mean here "cemetery grounds" in cultural sense, area referred to as cemetery
- not in legal sense, official classification sense, or ownership sense)

landuse=cemetery is for cemetery, not for cemetery and all supporting
infrastructure.

> This is why i dispute the broad claim in the wiki article that parking
> lots are excplitly to be excluded from cemeterys. As this thread showed
> this is not the way it is used, and from my perspective its a pretty
> strange difference to other landuse type.

But it should be noted that nearby parkings used solely/mainly by people
visiting cemetery may nevertheless be outside cemetery.

In such cases including them in landuse=cemetery is a mistake.