[Tagging] Fall protection mats on playgrounds

Toggenburger Lukas Lukas.Toggenburger at fhgr.ch
Mon Mar 29 19:01:02 UTC 2021

Hey Tom!

> EN 1176:
> and EN 1177:

Thank you for bringing up the relevant standards!

I'm still unsure how to proceed from here.

Although I see your logic, I tend to oppose introducing a new tag such as, say, surface_purpose=impact_attenuating since I feel there is not much need for it. I think I would rather go with something like surface=fall_dampener. (Is that even correct English?)

I once saw a dampening material, that looked like Ramen, e.g. https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramen#/media/Datei:Mama_instant_noodle_block.jpg and I think it was made from organic material. We could further specify the kind of fall dampener material using

fall_dampener=synthetic or
fall_dampener=organic
(or more specific tags, if we know what we deal with. But I probably would not use them...)

Do any native English speakers care to comment? Of course any feedback on how to proceed is also welcome!

Best regards

Lukas