[Tagging] Tagging piste:difficulty for track piste:type=nordic; skitour

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Thu May 6 11:33:14 UTC 2021

On Thu, 6 May 2021 at 05:04, Yves <ycai at mailbox.org> wrote:

> OK, I object then :)

There's always one. :)

I object because it makes thing harder to edit afterwards,

Tell me about it.  If we map fenced areas correctly, there are two objects
(whatever the area is and the fence) which are entirely coincident, and
those are a pain to edit.  If you are dealing with large objects that
have a boundary in common then you have to scroll long distances
on the map to find a point where they diverge so you can select the
one you want.  Coincident boundaries are not uncommon, but
iD (and perhaps some other editors) don't handle them well.

> then we have less beginners starting to edit the map.

Are there many pistes in your part of the world?  There are none in
my country.  If they're rare enough in your country that one person
can deal with them all, it's maybe worth the difficulty.  If there's one
on every street corner then that would necessitate an easier
approach for mappers, even if it needs major changes to
editors and data consumers.

--
Paul