[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Big Bench

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed May 19 08:45:27 UTC 2021

Am Di., 18. Mai 2021 um 12:01 Uhr schrieb nathan case <
nathancase at outlook.com>:

> I think this is a good approach and is better than amenity.
>

> From the Wiki pages:
>

> Tourism: “Places and things of specific interest to tourists including
> places to see, places to stay, things and places providing information and
> support to tourists."
>
> Amenity: “For describing useful and important facilities for visitors and
> residents. Facilities include for example toilets, telephones, banks,
> pharmacies, prisons and schools."
>

> I don’t think a big bench is a useful or important facility, but may be a
> place of interest for tourists (e.g. for the views or for taking photos on).

I see it on the contrary, a big bench is useful, to sit and relax, look
around, etc., while it is not particularly interesting for tourists,
nothing you would make a detour to see. Locals can take pictures just the
same than tourists can.

Cheers,
Martin