[Tagging] Swimming pool lanes

bkil bkil.hu+Aq at gmail.com
Wed May 19 15:19:51 UTC 2021

If we started using it on areas as well, what would it mean if a
roundabout (circular track) is tagged with lanes=2, are we dealing
with 2 concentric circles, or is the area split horizontally (or
vertically) to two? These are 3 separate configurations that needs to
be differentiated (see roof:orientation=*). Having to infer based on
the shape of the area is also a no-go.

We would have the same issue with roundabout circular swimming pools,
although I think concentric lanes appear on less of those - however
such construction would still be plausible.