[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Approved - Shop as post-partner

Robin Burek robin.burek at gmx.de
Fri May 21 10:45:59 UTC 2021

Am 20.05.2021 um 18:47 schrieb Georg:
>>> Maproulette seems good idea
>>
>> maproulette is only suitable for things you can unambiguously see on
>> aerial imagery
>
> This is not any more correct: For example
> https://maproulette.org/challenge/9396/ does not at all require aerial
> images but asks to search for opening hours on a shops website and map
> them. Transfered to our case: The existing objects tagged with
> amentity=post_office etc. could be iterated as tasks of a challenge,
> and users shall look on object's website what post-office-tag suits
> (i.e. is a change needed or is current tagging also fine with the new
> tags?).

Yes, something like this was in my mind.

> If it is possible to let maproulette ask in which region a user wants
> to find tasks of that challenge, it would be more efficient because
> users could select areas they know well and tell by heart what object
> needs to be tagged how - so no research time needed. Maproulette has
> IMHO the huge advantage it does distribute & manage tasks, so an
> object is not looked at several times (waste of resources).

This is likely possible. You can whatch at the map for challenges and
choose them ( https://maproulette.org/browse/challenges ). When you have
solved/refused a task of a challenge, you can choose so select a
nearby-task.
You could also create a "virtual challenge" by choose some tasks on the map.

> What do you think of proposing a quest for Streetcomplete?
> https://github.com/streetcomplete/StreetComplete would cover the
> opposite approach, i.e. not someone wanting to do many post office
> tasks wherever they are, but someone being somewhere and being asked
> whether a *nearby object* - amonst many other things - tagged
> amentity=post_office is a real post office or shall be changed to
> post_office=*. Maybe, these quests could exchange data with
> maproulette tasks, i.e. one tells the other that a certain object has
> been checked so it's not done several times. On the other hand, this
> chek & update is a one-time-effort which may not be desired as quests,
> but more the longer lasting quests, e.g. whether post_office=* details
> are still correct (brands, services,...)
Hm... For just changing the tags from post_office:type to post_office, I
can't imagine a Streetcomplete challenge quest. For checking
post-offices in the future, I can imagine it. Also, as you said, for
long-term data maintenance.
However, I don't think StreetComplete and Maproulette can exchange data.

Robin