[Tagging] How to tag small "seating rocks"?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu May 27 15:30:21 UTC 2021

Am Do., 27. Mai 2021 um 10:57 Uhr schrieb Stefan Tauner <
stefan.tauner at gmx.at>:

> The former is not true in OSM as I have shown.

you have only shown that 200 instances out of 1.5 Million are tagged
explicitly against the documentation.

Also, there is no
> alternative tagging for that, is there?

the usual reasoning if you tag something against common sense and against
the definition, because you believe it "works" nonetheless, is not: "that's
ok because there is no alternative tag established", it is "tagging for the
renderer".
There are 400 amenity=chair which already beat 200 capacity=1 benches by
100%, add 1036 amenity=loungers to it.

Apart from your sense of
> wording you have not shown any rationale why this should be tagged
> differently or how to do it.

the sense of wording plus the documented definition.

Cheers,
Martin